Reef tanks are beautiful and a joy to own and observe, but they can be expensive if you don’t do your research before starting. The following is a list of seven carefully researched tanks that will save your time and money.
Investing in the best all in one reef aquarium upfront will save you from the tiresome and expensive trial-and-error process.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What Is an All in One Reef Tank?
A reef tank is a complete microenvironment. It is an aquarium that includes not only fish but also corals and other invertebrates and plant life.
Essentially, it’s the closest you can get to an authentic ocean environment within the confines of a fish tank.
2. How Does an All in One Reef Tank Work?
Typically, for a reef tank to be successful, you will need a few basic elements besides the tank itself: a filter, a protein skimmer, a lighting system, and a pump or wave maker.
The best all in one reef aquarium systems will include at least some of these elements and will be designed specifically for saltwater and reef environments.
3. Where Can I Buy the Best All In One Reef Aquarium?
The best all in one reef aquariums can be purchased at pet supply stores or online through stores like Amazon.com.
How We Reviewed
The following seven products were reviewed based on the following parameters: features,pros & cons, where to buy, and warranty.
We spent time researching these products and considering the experiences of verified buyers to bring you this complete list of the best all in one reef aquariums.
What We Reviewed
- The Innovative Marine Fusion Peninsula 20 NUVO
- Coralife LED Biocube Aquarium
- The Fluval 10528A1 Evo “V” Marine Aquarium Kit
- SCA Starfire Aquarium
- The Red Sea Max Nano
- The Marina LED Aquarium Kit
- The JBJ Nano Cube DX Aquarium
1. The Innovative Marine Fusion Peninsula 20 NUVO
Key features of this product include ultra -thick and high-clarity glass, a long, thin design that enhances the ability to view the aquarium’s contents, and customizable equipment options.
A separate chamber on the end can house your heater and wiring. This aquarium has a 20-gallon capacity. When shopping for the best all in one reef aquarium, remember that the higher the tanks capacity, the easier it will be to maintain.
- 20-gallon capacity
- Included filtration system
- Does not include a lid
- Does not include lights or accessories
Innovative Marine offers a 1-year limited warranty on all electrical components and a 6-month limited warranty on non-electrical parts.
2. Coralife LED Biocube Aquarium
The Coralife LED Biocube Aquarium features a hood with built-in LED lighting. The lighting system includes a 24-hour timer and three lighting settings: bright white, sparkling blue, and color-enhancing. You can even set the lights to replicate sunrise and moonrise.
- Compact, quiet, customizable filtration system
- Excellent lighting system
- Two sizes to choose from (16 and 32)
- Does not include stand or skimmer
Coralife offers a 1-year limited warranty on this product.
3. The Fluval 10528A1 Evo “V” Marine Aquarium Kit
Key features of this product include a concealed filtration area at the back of the tank, 11000K high-output LED lighting system with day and night illumination settings, and a 3-stage filtration system.
- Powerful lighting system
- Oversized filtration system
- Small 5-gallon capacity can make the environment difficult to maintain
- Lighting system not suitable for SPS (small-polyped scleractinian)
Fluval offers a 2-year limited warranty on its aquariums.
4. SCA Starfire Aquarium
Key features of this product include a cabinet with doors to store supplies and display your aquarium and a stylish rimless tank. This kit also includes skimmer, sump, a return pump, and various pipes, tubing, and filter media.
- Included cabinet
- 50-gallon capacity
- Lots of included supplies and accessories
SCA offers a 3-year manufacturer’s warranty for the tank itself. All accessories such as pumps and filtration systems have a 1-year warranty.
5. The Red Sea Max Nano
The Red Sea Max Nano is designed especially for keeping live corals and small fish. It is a complete all-in-one kit and comes with an LED light system, a filtration system, and a protein skimmer.
- Comes with everything necessary to get started
- The filter has a multi-directional nozzle that keeps water moving sufficiently for coral growth
- Comes with a Wi-Fi lighting control app for your phone or tablet
- May require separate purchase of a heater and stand
Red Sea offers a 12-month manufacturer’s warranty on its products.
6. The Marina LED Aquarium Kit
This aquarium kit comes in three sizes and comes with most everything you need to start a reef tank, making it a great option for beginners.
It comes with a clip-on filter, filter cartridges, natural-daylight-effect LED lights, water conditioner, biological supplements, a fish net, and an aquarium fish guide. It is truly a great value.
- Comes with lots of supplies and accessories
- Quiet filter
- A versatile tank that can be used for freshwater, saltwater, or reef environments
- Low capacity (5 or 10-gallon options) not ideal for reef tanks
- Does not include a skimmer
Marina offers a 1-year limited warranty on this product.
7. The JBJ Nano Cube DX Aquarium
The JBJ Nano Cube DX Aquarium comes in two sizes: 12-gallon and 24-gallon. It includes a filtration system and cooling fans, manual day and night lighting, and a plastic cover and lid.
- Includes many needed accessories
- A versatile tank also suitable for freshwater setup
- Panoramic view
- Acrylic plastic instead of glass (not as scratch resistant)
JBJ offers a 1-year warranty on its products. Extended warranties of up to three years are available.
The Verdict: The Best All in One Reef Aquarium
Taking into consideration price, value, and included accessories, the Marina LED Aquarium Kit appears to be the best all in one reef aquarium for beginners.
For those more experienced, the SCA Starfire Aquarium will be worth the investment.
This sophisticated system has everything one needs to take their hobby to the next level, making it the best all in one reef aquarium for those who are more experienced.